According to the National Institute of Mental Health, close to half of the population who suffers from addiction also has a related mental health disorder. Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) is a psychotherapy that targets treating mental health disorders. It can help people handle stress, maintain healthy relationships, and improve control of their emotions. Successful addiction treatment therapies ensure that one can build their life unburdened by substance abuse, drug addiction, and mental illness. Individuals that go through a dialectical behavior therapy program have a chance at better and changed lives. Atlanta Detox Center is here to offer programs so you can treat your mental health disorder and addiction.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy Program
DBT is a type of cognitive-behavioral therapy. It works on identifying and changing negative thinking patterns while striving towards positive behavioral changes. Dialectical behavior therapy treats suicidal and other self-destructive behaviors.
In this form of therapy, the patient and the therapist work on resolving the seeming contradiction between self-acceptance and change bringing about positive changes in the patient. Specific forms of therapy apply depending on the type of disorder, whether substance or mental health-related.
DBT incorporates a philosophical process called dialectics. The process works with the concept that change occurs when there is a dialogue between opposing forces. This refers to the setting between the patient and the therapist. A good dialectical behavior therapy program in GA consists of various parties. These include a multidisciplinary team of professional therapists, behavioral health technicians, and 24/7 nursing staff. Our Atlanta Detox Center staff provides you with professionals in each of these areas.
Why Go Through a Dialectical Behavior Therapy Program?
Most times, people tend to ignore the fact that they need therapy. It is important not to wait until symptoms become serious before going to therapy. Many people often do not know that they need therapy until it is too late. The main reason why people avoid seeking help is the stigma that comes with mental health care, a shame when discussing your past, or fear of non-confidentiality.
DBT is appropriate for treating the following individuals who:
- Suffer from alcohol abuse
- Are addicted to drugs
- Suffer from depression
- Face anxiety problems
- Experience a lot of stress
- Suffer from bipolar disorder
Treatment Programs We Offer at Atlanta Detox Center
There are many approaches and different types of therapies that we cover in our DBT program in GA so you can get the treatment you need. Some of these therapies include:
- Detox: This applies to individuals who suffer from alcohol abuse and substance addiction. It is the first step to achieving full sobriety. Individuals go through a specific medical detox at our drug and alcohol detox center where patients remove harmful toxins from their body, which returns their body to its previous healthy state.
- Aftercare program: This is a program that helps patients once they are out of the treatment facility. This ensures that the patients do not relapse especially on disorders such as substance abuse. It also helps them rebuild their lives into better and productive ones.
- Individual therapy: This type of therapy is more intimate and confidential. The facility assigns a professional therapist to an individual. It applies mostly to patients who have trouble communicating. It is the most effective method for psychological disorders. The therapist helps you discover the underlying causes of the symptoms.
- Group therapy: This applies in groups of people suffering from the same disorder together with an assigned professional therapist. These groups hold discussions where they take about their experiences and how it has affected their lives. This enables the patients to relate with each other and heal.
Join Our Dialectical Behavior Therapy Program Today
Do not allow yourself or any other person to go through mental sickness in silence. Whether you are suffering from alcohol abuse, substance addiction, depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, or any form of mental disorder, let us help you return to a place of peace and rebuild your life. Contact Atlanta Detox Center at 833.631.0534 so you can join a dialectical behavior therapy program today.