According to the National Institute of Mental Health, close to half of the population who suffers from addiction has a co-occurring mental health disorder. Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) is a form of psychotherapy that targets mental health disorders. It can help people handle stress, maintain healthy relationships, and improve control of their emotions.
Successful addiction treatment therapies ensure that those in recovery can build their lives unburdened by substance abuse, drug addiction, and mental illness. Individuals that go through a dialectical behavior therapy program have a chance at better and changed lives. Atlanta Detox Center is here to offer programs so you can treat your mental health disorder and addiction together.
What Is a Dialectical Behavior Therapy Program?
DBT is a type of cognitive behavioral therapy. It works on identifying and changing negative thinking patterns while striving towards positive behavioral changes. Dialectical behavior therapy treats suicidal and other self-destructive behaviors.
In this form of therapy, the client and the therapist work to resolve the seeming contradiction between self-acceptance and change to bring about positive changes in the client. Specific forms of therapy apply depending on the type of disorder, whether substance or mental health-related.
DBT incorporates a philosophical process called dialectics. The process works with the concept that change occurs when there is a dialogue between opposing forces. This refers to the setting between the client and the therapist. Our dialectical behavior therapy program in GA consists of a multidisciplinary team of professional therapists, behavioral health technicians, and 24/7 nursing staff.
Why Go Through a Dialectical Behavior Therapy Program?
Many times, people tend to ignore the fact that they need therapy. It is important not to wait until symptoms become serious before seeking therapy. Many people often do not know that they need therapy until it is too late, and their condition has led to other problems, such as substance use disorder. The main reason why people avoid seeking help is the stigma that comes with mental health care, shame when discussing your past, or fear of non-confidentiality.
DBT is appropriate for treating individuals who:
- Suffer from alcohol abuse
- Are addicted to drugs
- Suffer from depression
- Face anxiety problems
- Experience a lot of stress
- Suffer from bipolar disorder
A dialectical behavior therapy program can help you overcome the above issues, whether they occur concurrently or individually.
Treatment Programs We Offer at Atlanta Detox Center
There are many approaches and different types of therapies that we cover in our DBT program in GA so you can get the treatment you need. Some of these therapies include:
- Detox – This applies to individuals who suffer from alcohol abuse and substance addiction, and it is the first step to achieving full sobriety. Individuals go through a specific medical detox at our drug and alcohol detox center where patients remove harmful toxins from their body, which returns their body to its previous healthy state.
- Aftercare program – This is a program that helps clients once they are out of the treatment facility. This ensures that the clients do not relapse, especially with disorders such as substance abuse. It also helps them rebuild their lives into better and productive ones.
- Individual therapy – This type of therapy is more intimate and confidential. Our center assigns a professional therapist to each individual in our care.
- Group therapy – This applies to groups of people suffering from the same disorder and an assigned professional therapist. These groups hold discussions where they talk about their experiences and how their condition has affected their lives. This enables the clients to relate with one another and heal together.
Together, the above treatments and therapies can help you recover from your struggles with mental health and addiction.
Heal with the Dialectical Behavior Therapy Program at Atlanta Detox Center
Do not allow yourself or any other person to go through mental illness in silence. Whether you are suffering from alcohol abuse, addiction, depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, or any form of mental health disorder, let us help you return to a place of peace and rebuild your life. Contact Atlanta Detox Center at 833.631.0534 so you can join a dialectical behavior therapy program today.