The essence of a society is to co-exist and look out for each other. It is therefore not a surprise if the behavior of some of our members concerns us. We cannot look on as people lose their lives to substance addiction. All of us must help drug users before they trap themselves in addictive tendencies. Sometimes these addicts may not be willing to accept our help. They may feel as if we are infringing on their privacy. At other times they will seek help voluntarily. In some cases, the addicts may display addictive tendencies that will leave you wondering if your loved one needs a drug and alcohol detox center.
Does My Loved One Need a Detox Center?
Not all drug users end up becoming addicts. So it can be hard to tell if a drug user needs medical help from a drug detox center. The addiction symptoms can vary from person to person too. The variations make it difficult to pin-point who is an addict among the abusers. However, there are tell-tale signs that you can look out for. They will provide clues as to whether your loved one needs professional help.
The signs can fall under the social or physical categories. Physical signs are the conspicuous bodily changes a person undergoes as a result of the drug use. Social changes are the changes in the manner with which the individual associate with members of the community.
Check if your loved one displays these symptoms:
- They continuously disregard responsibilities and duties in favor of indulging in their drug of choice
- Fall into a financial crisis because most of their resources end up financing their drug use
- May lose weight, develop skin problems, insomnia and restlessness if they do not use the drug
- Increasingly lie and give excuses for their drug use
- Continue using the drugs even though they are aware that it has deteriorated their health
- Get into legal troubles because of their drug use and don’t seem bothered enough to quit
How to Help Your Loved One
Addiction is a disease. You should approach your loved one as if they are sick. Do not try to blame them for the condition. Gently talk to them about your observations. Seek their opinion on how you can help them before making your suggestions. If you both agree your loved one needs a detox center, you can visit various substance abuse treatment programs together. The choice of a facility should meet the demands of the addict. Addicts need to be comfortable enough during the detox and recovery process. Asking if your loved one needs a detox center becomes quite easy to answer and follow through if you follow this simple procedure.
Addiction Treatment Programs at Atlanta Detox Center
Atlanta Detox Center offers the perfect opportunity to eliminate stress and triggers that may derail your journey to recovery. The following detox centers are available:
- Women’s detox center: This is a women-only facility. Women can make their recovery among peers by supporting each other throughout the recovery journey
- Men’s detox center: This is also a gender-specific facility. Men can make their recovery here with assistance from the able medical professionals
- Drug detox center: At this facility, patients can detox and get therapy treatment to help with the recovery process
- Heroin detox center: The heroin detox center helps detox from opioids, in specific heroin. Our doctors and health professionals assess your condition to find the best detox plan for you
Join Our Programs Today
If your loved one needs a detox center and you are in a position to help them overcome their addictions and detoxify themselves, help them by enrolling them in a detox facility. Professionals will give their best care to help them recover. Reach Atlanta Detox Center today at 833.631.0534. We will help your loved one get their life back on track by overcoming their addiction.