Having your loved one spend most of their time in a drug detox center is not an easy task. You constantly wonder about their well-being. On top of that, you crave their company. Despite all this, we must understand that the rehab option is probably the best spot for them to recover. It will eventually reach a point where you will reunite with your loved one. First-timers may not have an idea of what it is like to have a loved one in rehab. They may be wondering what to expect when a loved one is in addiction detox.
The Necessity of an Addiction Center
Addiction is a disease that affects 20 million per year. It can make people behave erratically. For the common citizen, handling an addict can be challenging. Normal people do not possess adequate skills to handle addiction patients. They may not understand the complexity of addiction. Therefore, in dealing with an addict, a normal person can inadvertently arouse resistance from the addict.
Addicts may feel as if you are blaming them for their addiction. This of course depends on how you discuss the matter with them. Once these addicts develop feelings of alienation, they will resist any form of medical intervention. The feeling of stigma may propel them deeper into drug use. Addiction centers have qualified medical personnel. The personnel not only understand the complexity of addiction, but they also understand the addict’s psychological thought process. This puts them in a better position to attend to these addicts efficiently.
A residential addiction treatment program offers a conducive environment for recovering from drug addiction. They do not expose you to situations that can lead to drug use. Situations such as house parties or other social events where people partake drugs. So, the first thing to expect when a loved one is in an addiction center is that they will be under good professional care.
What to Expect at an Addiction Detox Center
When your loved one is in an addiction center, expect any of these to happen:
- Request for your involvement: The addiction center may ask you to participate in therapies. These therapies help you to rebuild your connection with the addict. Addiction, in its active phase, strains relationships
- Relapses: Addiction in advanced stages can be hard to overcome. Your loved one may spiral into a relapsed state even in this addiction center. It is good to keep this in mind
- Stressful states: It is normal to worry about the ones we care for. Immediately after enrolling the addict to the center, you might become stressed. This is because of constantly worrying about their well-being and whether they will be able to handle the process
- Recovery: It is advisable to be optimistic in life. When your loved one is in an addiction center, expect that they will recover. Make an effort to actively help them achieve this goal
Treatment at Atlanta Detox Center
Atlanta Detox Center has programs that can help addicts recover. These programs are what to expect when a loved one is in an addiction detox center. They include:
- Drug detox program: Our detox center facility can help you deal with multiple addictions. You can overcome alcohol addiction and any other substance addiction at this center concurrently
- Heroin detox program: The heroin detox program helps heroin addicts make a quick recovery. Specialists use medication to make the process smooth for the patient
- Alumni support program: The alumni program will give you a shoulder to lean on as you recover. Former recoveries from the facility will guide you through the hurdles of recovering
- Men’s detox program: Our men’s detox center program serves men with addiction problems through individual therapy and medical stabilization
Join Our Facility
Taking your loved one to an addiction center can be dreadful. But it is extremely important for their recovery. Knowing what to expect when a loved one is in an addiction detox center before enrolling them makes it easier to accept the situation. If you need addiction treatment services, call Atlanta Detox Center at 833.631.0534. We’ll do our best to ensure your loved gets back home healthy.