Addiction — sometimes officially referred to as “substance use disorder” — is something that affects us all. It does not pay attention to the boundaries of class, gender, race, or social status. Addiction is a disease. Like any other disease, you must find the right treatment to combat it, and that treatment must be performed by a professional at a residential addiction treatment program. At Atlanta Detox Center, our substance abuse treatment programs in GA are second to none. By providing therapies designed to address the unique needs of our patients, the experienced team at Atlanta Detox can provide you with the tools you need to overcome substance abuse and successfully get through drug and alcohol rehab.
Do You Need One of Our Substance Abuse Treatment Programs?
There is no avoiding the truth. If you are abusing any substances at all, you need to get professional help. But there are also signs that you would benefit specifically from one of our substance abuse treatment programs. You may need to have the substances you are abusing removed from your system by a medical professional if:
- Your drug and alcohol use has damaged relationships with your family, friends, or colleagues
- Substance abuse has gotten in the way of your responsibilities
- Your body craves drugs or alcohol when you are not using them
- Over time, you have needed to increase the quantity or frequency of your use to achieve the same level of pleasure that you once did
- Physical urges to take the substance have led to you binging or using the substance for longer than you had initially intended
- Your substance abuse has resulted in adverse physical or psychological effects, but you have continued to use the substance in question
- You have tried to decrease your use or quit, but you experienced physical withdrawal symptoms, and your attempts have failed
If you have experienced any of these physical symptoms, it is time for you to reach out to our drug and alcohol detox center program to get started on your treatment.
What to Expect at Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
You have taken the first step. You have begun to look into substance abuse treatment programs for yourself or for someone you care about. But, what can you expect upon entering one of these substance abuse treatment programs? At Atlanta Detox Center, we tailor each of our programs to the individual, it is impossible to say precisely what your treatment will look like. But there are certain features of our programs that most of our patients share. These include:
- Intake. During your intake, our clinical staff will assess your strengths and needs in order to build and implement your customized treatment plan. The most important factor we assess here is the severity of your addiction. But we will also design your program based on the substance or substances you were using, the dose, and the duration of use. In your intake, we take a thorough medical history, which will also inform your customized care plan.
- Stabilization. Stabilization refers to the monitoring and upkeep of your physical state while you detox. Withdrawal is sometimes uncomfortable, and in some cases can be dangerous. Our team will be available around the clock to ensure that you are safe and as comfortable as possible.
- Treatment. As you complete the detox process, our team will move forward to treat the root causes of your addiction. During intake, our staff will work with you to assess your biological, psychological, and social needs in order to develop an individualized plan for you.
The experienced, compassionate Atlanta Detox Center staff will be here every step of the way. It is this patient-focused approach the makes us one of the premier substance abuse treatment programs in GA.
The Importance of Aftercare in Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
As part of the Atlanta Detox Center alumni program, you will continue your care after you have left our facility. This will involve developing and utilizing a support network of friends, family, and peers from a drug addiction treatment program. It will also include maintaining contact from the staff via telephone and email, receiving educational materials and information useful to your recovery, and attending group meetings and social events planned by our team and others in the alumni program.
Learn More at Atlanta Detox Center Today
If you or someone you care about is battling addiction, they need professional help. If you are interested in learning more about our substance abuse treatment programs, don’t hesitate. Contact us online or call our detox center team at 833.631.0534. The help you need is only a phone call away.